Monday, October 19, 2009

Catholic and Lovin' It

I've started a number of blogs, and I think this one may end up being my favorite. I'll tell you why:

I'm Catholic. I've been Catholic all my life--cradle Catholic as they say--and I recently have begun to understand exactly what it means to be Catholic.

For starters, I belong to a Church that has been around, unchanging in its doctrines, for around 2,000 years. The founder of my Church is Jesus Christ, Himself, Son of God and Lord of all. My Church never ceases to amaze me in its expression of the Faith: the profound truths in its doctrines, the indisputable reason in its teachings, the incredible depth of its theology, and the Spirit that moves, alive, within it. I have studied the faith for a few years now and have yet to find a question that I could not answer within it. There may be mysteries left not fully understood, but there is always a reasonable and faith-filled answer. And nothing, no one, has ever been able to deter me from my belief that the Catholic Church holds the full Truth as revealed by God.

Now those are some pretty big, bold statements to make. I should clarify--I in no way know everything about the Catholic Faith. In fact, what I do know is minute, miniscule, compared to what the great Doctor's of the Church know, or even those men and women apologists and theologians who study the faith today: people like Tim Staples, Scott Hahn, Jimmy Aiken, Patrick Madrid, Karl Keating, Fr. Vincent Serpa, etc. But I do know that I can always find the answer, and searching for it is part of the fun. I can't wait to look into some of my favorite aspects of the Catholic Church--the Sacraments (especially the Eucharist), the Trinity, Mary, patron Saints, Angels, and much more. That's what this blog is all about.

I forgot to mention that this is also about creativity. I love creative writing, and I'd like to share a little bit of that, too. Some of it may be profoundly Catholic or Christian, while much of it is just plain from the heart. It's likely not very good, but it's all I've got, so I guess it will have to do. Anyway, all I can do is write--that's what blogs are for.

No comments:

Post a Comment